Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is

A daily entry in the Writer's Notebook is part of Claire's third-grade homework routine.  I love this notebook, because it gives me a glimpse into her thinking that I wouldn't otherwise have.  Here are two of my recent favorites:

What Do I Like About Where I Live?
My climbing tree
My nice neighbors
Our house's 11 best hiding places
The way you can see the sunset from the end of the street
Our downhill-going street
My room

Is Family Important? Why?
Family is important because if you didn't have family, you would be lonely and unhappy. Family is important also because if you don't have family, you won't learn how to take care of yourself. You also won't have anybody to play with, and you won't have anybody to help you meet new friends. You also will not have anybody to kiss you goodnight.